PDA

View Full Version : Eastern Victoria meetup

geoffsta
02-05-2012, 6:54am
Ausphotography National Meetup Day's.
2nd & 3rd June 2012.

Need a location for this wonderful event. And we need names.

I'm in

geedee
02-05-2012, 7:04am
Sounds good Geoff, i'll keep an eye on this
GeeDee

Duane Pipe
02-05-2012, 9:22am
Not sure yet Geoff. Whats the weather forecast for that weekend:lol2:.
I dont want to suggest a place, I am a spur of the moment type, so my decision will be made the night before whether I am going to show. It is the start of the Snow season! hint, hint...

jasnat
02-05-2012, 1:24pm
Coast to the hills or anywhere in between. I will have a look around and throw some suggestion out there.

geoffsta
02-05-2012, 7:01pm
We have to think of those that may come from the Eastern side of the "Big Stink" (Melbourne not Morwell) as well. Like to see as many as we can, so if we could keep it central that would be good.

I @ M
03-05-2012, 7:44am
Of the people who have asked to be included in the Eastern Victorian meet list there are 9 or so pretty active members.
There are of course other members in the Eastern part of Vic who aren't on the list because they haven't asked to be included.
Assuming that some of those who are on the list because they asked to be don't want to / can't attend the proposed national meet and that some of those who aren't on the list might want to / can attend we have a fairly diverse area to cover.
Picking a "central" point to meet needs to be done when all hands are in the air saying who will definitely attend, that way it will be easier to choose somewhere that suits the travel distances involved I feel.

Banjo
07-05-2012, 9:30pm
G'day all, my name is Banjo, l'm new to photography and live in Stratford. Please add my name to the east vic group. Unfortunatly l will be away for all of June but - please - keep me in the loop.
:)

Lindiwe
08-05-2012, 9:50am
I would love to be a part of this!
Count me in, barring anything unforeseen.
If you need to keep track of numbers, my husband would be coming along too... although he's likely to find a nice spot in the sun where he can just sit and read ;)

Allie
08-05-2012, 2:17pm
With my second job, I usually work every weekend from afternoon into night (or get called in when I'm not rostered) so these events (and other social events) are mostly not possible for me to attend:( - I still hope those of you who do go have a great time!:)

Eberbachl
08-05-2012, 2:25pm
I'm interested :D

farmer_rob
09-05-2012, 9:06pm
I'm hoping to be in gippsland (maffra) on the saturday - so will try to get to the meetup if it is on.

Regards,
Rob

geoffsta
09-05-2012, 10:35pm
OK... So far we have;
Farmer Rob - In the Maffra area on the saturday
Eberbachl - From Doreen (That's North East of Melbourne)
Lindewe - Melbourne
I @ M - Marlo (The far East)
Arthurking - Was going to visit I @ M anyway ( I must have read this somewhere?)
Jasnat - Sale
GeeDee - Sale
Me.. geoffsta - Bruthen (Willing to go anywhere)
Duane Pipe - Maybe if it's not too far from his home. (Medical)

Now we need a location and a theme.

jasnat
10-05-2012, 1:43pm
I'm good for anywhere. I will go over the hills if I need to.

I had a quick look for some sort of festival around the area but I came up empty. Someone could know of something, that could get the photography juices flowing :rolleyes:

geoffsta
26-05-2012, 6:32pm
Well...... There is a week to go. Jason and I are willing to go anywhere. And I think we will have a choice of any genre. There is plenty of snow about, and I'm hoping if we all bring speedlights I @ M may give us a lesson on lighting. Arthur may also give us a bit of a clue on landscapes. And Jason a lesson on night photography. There are plenty of other locations around, all we need to do is pick one.

farmer_rob
27-05-2012, 2:51pm
I was kind of hoping you'd choose a bit of a seaside location, but I'm flexible (and not a gippsland resident), so I'll leave it to the locals to make a decision.Just not too far into the hills. I'd then be forced to try the "short" way home, which would be a mistake!)

Regards,
Rob

geoffsta
27-05-2012, 3:21pm
I was kind of hoping you'd choose a bit of a seaside location, but I'm flexible (and not a gippsland resident), so I'll leave it to the locals to make a decision.Just not too far into the hills. I'd then be forced to try the "short" way home, which would be a mistake!)
Regards,
Rob

And going over Hotham might be a risk as well. Maybe Jason might be able to organise something around Sale/Golden Beach area.
I don't think that I @ M or Arthurking will be able to make it. So down that way could be good.

mojododo
04-06-2012, 11:10pm
Bit late to the party! how did you guys go?

geoffsta
05-06-2012, 4:41pm
No good.... Weather, time and place and busy people made it not happen :(

Duane Pipe
05-06-2012, 4:51pm
I was hopping that you guys would make your mind up before I stuck my nose in! I followed the thread hoping for all the info on the Meet but the thread was very inactive :confused013

geoffsta
05-06-2012, 5:37pm
I had dramas at home from Thursday until Saturday. So it sort of got put on the backburner. :scrtch:

jasnat
05-06-2012, 6:44pm
Oops sorry I really did think it was set for the long weekend :Doh:

So that MSG reply the Geedee will not make that much sense saying I'm free Monday. Lucky the weather was a cracker. :umm:

geedee
08-06-2012, 9:15pm
Jase As it turned out i didn't get excited about your message, because of the weather. Besides i did have last Monday off as well as this Monday. Maybe a meet will happen in the near future.

geoffsta
08-06-2012, 11:20pm
This looks good from Dave (Duane Pipe)
http://www.ausphotography.net.au/forum/showthread.php?105776-East-Gippy-future-meets-Listen-up!

Banjo
24-07-2012, 9:24pm
Anything happening?

:)

Banjo
26-12-2013, 6:31pm
Does this group meet on a regular basis?

I @ M
26-12-2013, 6:35pm
Does this group meet on a regular basis?

Errr, very irregular actually.
There are a few members that get together socially and photographically but as an AP thing there haven't been any meets for a while.

If you are keen to organise a meet feel free to start a thread and see what you can get to happen. :)