PDA

View Full Version : is anyone keen to meet for a day of birding???

harper
30-04-2012, 8:32pm
Hi guys just wondering if any of the experienced bird photographers are interested in holding a birding meet sometime in the near future?

really interested in have a crack at it:D

Mark L
02-05-2012, 8:07pm
I'm not experienced, but am interested.
There's only a couple of active members out my way,so if something comes up for a day I'd consider travelling. Seems like Orange and Bathurst have a few active members.
If they didn't want to travel to far, maybe "any of the experienced bird photographers" could meet us in the Blue mountains for a day?

harper
03-05-2012, 9:11am
yeah mate im keen for anything. isnt there a nice reserve out mudgee way??

Mark L
04-05-2012, 10:32pm
Can't think of it's name but there's a place near here that birders come to 'cause there's a rare honeyeater. It's been locked up 'cause idiots go out to the middle of nowhere and vandalise the place. Go figure. Keys for entry can be organised with National Parks people.
Otherwise there's stuff here, but stuff that wouldn't be achievable near Bathurst. Of cause we have better scenery here. :D
Am involved in RFS training all weekend, see what I can find out early next week.
But we'd still lack an "experienced bird photographer."
A good friend of mine is active in the local camera club, so I'll see if they have birding on their agenda.
If you're ever over this way, harper, PM and we can do something. (I serve crap coffee with a great view!)

harper
05-05-2012, 9:56am
sounds great mate, im sure the rare honeyeater could entice an experienced bird photographer to travel over the mountains for a day:D

kleinpark
17-06-2012, 2:00pm
I'd be interested too :). I really want to learn how to capture good bird photos, especially Eagles etc they are such charasmatic creatures. I don't drink coffee (or tea lol), but I enjoy a great view :)

**Sue**

Lance B
17-06-2012, 4:37pm
I'd be interested too :). I really want to learn how to capture good bird photos, especially Eagles etc they are such charasmatic creatures. I don't drink coffee (or tea lol), but I enjoy a great view :)

**Sue**

The biggest problem of capturing eagle photos, or any bird for that matter, is finding where they are and then being able to get close enough for a decent shot. It could end up being a day of frustration of not seeing any decent birds or chasing your tail trying to find them, especially eagles.

I would like to meet for a birding day, but I can see it would be difficult for many to meet as most of the respondents so far are in Orange/Bathurst/Mudgee and that means a fair drive for either these repsondents to come to Sydney or for the Sydneyites to go west to Orange/Bathurst/Mudgee.

Having spent a number of day bird outings with Sar, an excellent bird photographer from this forum, we tend to go where we know, or at least have a good percentage chance, we will see some birds that we are after as he and I know some places where certain birds frequent. It's never guaranteed of course.

harper
18-06-2012, 1:34pm
thanks guys

i think somewhere down the mountains would be great as it is somewhere reasonably close for everybody to travel to:D

kleinpark
19-06-2012, 1:03pm
Agree'd :th3:
I know there are a lot of Gang Gangs in the area around the Scenic Railway.
The weather around Orange at the moment would be great for ducks lol. I was hoping for a morning out in the paddocks with my trusty camera today, after I dropped the kids to scchool, but the weather had other ideas - that annoying drizzly shower type rain grr :( such is life :confused013