PDA

View Full Version : Lighting Hire - In Adelaide?

Chris G
30-04-2012, 12:13pm
I have a wedding coming up in November in Adelaide to which now I have learnt as of last night that the ceremony and reception part are now 1 week apart of each other so on the day of ceremony they can have
a full day of photos from around 7ish to about 8:30pm... Since alot of this will done outdoors from going to a park first, inner city "somewhere" to final the beach "somewhere"

So this has gotten me thinking that I'm going to need / want some sort of portable lighting kit, either it be umbrella with a gun or softbox or even a beauty dish..

I love thoughts on this as to what would be recommend and where I could hire some lighting for approx 2days give or take..

I'm travelling from NSW for this..

JM Tran
30-04-2012, 12:34pm
Total Photographics in Kent Town is your best bet for affordable hire, Elinchrom Quadras for location stuff, or Bowens for studio, along with all lighting accessories really.

Chris G
30-04-2012, 1:18pm
Cheers for the info JM, I had a look at Total photographic and the 400w quads seem a nice way to go..

Mick
04-06-2012, 2:53pm
Oooh, cheers for this one. I've never really thought about hiring lights. I might go this way before commiting to buying. Though I do like my speedlites. Still, I guess I could try softboxes etc.