PDA

View Full Version : Need Some helpful hints Please

Kel
27-04-2012, 3:02pm
Hi Everyone,

Well i have been taking lots of photo with just one person/child in the photo but today I have been trying to get some photo of a group of people! but can't seem to get very one in focus as much as I would like! I have been playing with my setting, as I shot in RAW, manual and with a Nikon D3100. As I have a wedding on this weekend and as I would love to get some wedding photo while their to get some more practice and any help with what setting you guy use to me help to get everyone in focus would be great.

Thanks very much

Kel

ricktas
27-04-2012, 3:18pm
Depth of field is controlled mostly, by the aperture you use.

There is a calculator HERE (http://www.dofmaster.com/dofjs.html) that could assist you in working out which aperture to use for your camera/lens.

fess67
27-04-2012, 3:25pm
^^^ what Rick said. For groups you are going to need to use a higher f value. Not usually a problem when you have lots of light but wedding ceremonies tend to be in more subdued lighting so you may need to increase your ISO as well to make sure you can keep your shutter speed up.

If outside in the strong light it should not be so much of an issue but you may need to use flash to combat the hard shadows the sun will create.

ameerat42
27-04-2012, 4:31pm
Well, at a wedding there's good opportunity for getting people in groups. Try to organise them to be at about the same distance from the camera.
Am.

Kel
28-04-2012, 10:24am
Thanks everyone for you help I will tried that this afternoon inbetween showewrs see how I go