PDA

View Full Version : Urgent - D800 Users and all Users of Nikon EN-EL 15 type batteries.

Xebadir
25-04-2012, 1:34am
Just checked mine and its affected by the service advisory issued yesterday late in the piece - fortunately I have a couple of spares I purchased which are pre-flaw. I would say from what I have read - Do not use your battery if it is affected or your shiny new camera may not be so healthy.
"Nikon today announced a battery "service advisory" for EN-EL15 batteries. If you've got an EN-EL15 with an "E" or "F" as the 9th digit in the 14 digit part number, you should stop using it and follow Nikon's instructions to return it and have it replaced. Apparently there are multiple reports of short-circuiting that causes that battery to overheat and become a fire hazard. The affected batteries appear to be in two of the three latest production batches (starting in March 2012), thus D800 purchasers are getting them"

To find out more go to Nikon Australia (www.nikon.com.au) and check the latest news, basically the instructions are either take the battery to the service centre in NSW for a replacement, or a free pickup to sort it out for you otherwise arranged by phone or email.

arthurking83
25-04-2012, 10:06am
...... causes that battery to overheat and become a fire hazard ......

LOL!

Idiots!!

One of the reasons for the change to these new type batteries was apparently as a safety regulation requirement in a new Japanese law!

... well that seemed to work out well didn't it? :p

Chris G
25-04-2012, 11:48am
Just now.....

http://www.cameraegg.com/nikon-en-el15-rechargeable-li-ion-battery-recall/

Remove my post about this plz LOL!!

Chris G
25-04-2012, 11:51am
Remove my post about this plz LOL!!

ricktas
25-04-2012, 12:03pm
Merged threads!

Xebadir
25-04-2012, 12:19pm
LOL!

Idiots!!

One of the reasons for the change to these new type batteries was apparently as a safety regulation requirement in a new Japanese law!

... well that seemed to work out well didn't it? :p

Gotta love Irony ;).