PDA

View Full Version : Is it an age old gender thing?

Seabee
20-04-2012, 2:39pm
:lol: just having a giggle to myself about the latest trends in threads!
It seems to be very competitive and as was put by one of the mods 'chest beating' in content.

Just wondering what the women on AP think about all this as we tend to sit back and think 'whatever':efelant:

It happens so regularly that I often wonder if it's biorhythms, moon phases, or some other inexplicable universal occurrence that triggers it!

The same arguments and banter get rehashed whenever something new is on the horizon in regards to technology, advancements, software etc!

Don't get me wrong, it can actually be great entertainment!
I just wonder if anyone has ever noticed that there has never been a resolution lol

It is what it is and always will be!
You guys talk tech and us girls will continue smelling the flowers because it's fun!

ameerat42
20-04-2012, 3:39pm
(Woops! You just caught me sniffing a nosegay:o)
((Psst! Don't tell.))

And Cindy, what's all this, then?
Canon 7D, 50mm, 100mm Macro
Olympus E-30, 9-18mm, 14-54mm, 50-200mm
Photoshop CS5
:D

ving
20-04-2012, 4:19pm
a bit too metro to be a chest beater myself but yeah i often just sit back and lol at it...

........oh look a butterfly! :D

ving
20-04-2012, 4:19pm
eek! i am not a woman! why am i posting here! :p

Seabee
20-04-2012, 4:31pm
Lol @ving , we welcome the sane!

ricktas
20-04-2012, 4:31pm
And the chest beating comment was by me, and last time I looked I was a man! :D

Seabee
20-04-2012, 4:32pm
Ameerat42....... That's the simple bare necessities lol and half the time I can't tell the difference between the two! I am a crossbreed and will buy it if it takes my fancy lol

ving
20-04-2012, 4:40pm
Lol @ving , we welcome the sane! ehy! i am not sane!!!:p

:efelant:

fess67
20-04-2012, 5:12pm
You guys talk tech and us girls will continue smelling the flowers because it's fun!

Can you imagine how long I would last if I did not buy my wife the biggest bunch of flowers!!! :lol:

mongo
20-04-2012, 6:01pm
Mongo is a shameless flower sniffer and with the girls on this one (and proud of it !)

Now, can Mongo come to the kitchen tea please ? He promises, he does not eat much.

Seabee
20-04-2012, 6:30pm
Mongo is a shameless flower sniffer and with the girls on this one (and proud of it !)

Now, can Mongo come to the kitchen tea please ? He promises, he does not eat much.

Lmao sure........but I have a sneaky suspicion that it's a front just to get to the food :th3:

Kym
20-04-2012, 6:53pm
:lol: just having a giggle to myself about the latest trends in threads!
It seems to be very competitive and as was put by one of the mods 'chest beating' in content.

Me Tarzan!!! Errr...

It's tribal!! Red tribe (Holden) vs Blue Tribe (ford)... Crows vs Port... Collingwood vs anyone else... Maroons vs 'roaches...

It goes on and on and on and on!

Seabee
20-04-2012, 7:59pm
Me Tarzan!!! Errr...

It's tribal!! Red tribe (Holden) vs Blue Tribe (ford)... Crows vs Port... Collingwood vs anyone else... Maroons vs 'roaches...

It goes on and on and on and on!

EXACTLY ......... And all fun when tongue in cheek :beer_mug:
Go the Roos lol

Darey
20-04-2012, 8:41pm
Maybe this is the case because a woman's brain is different to a man's brain.

Men just go to the Camera Technology box (or similar) in their brain. Women can't because they don't get "emotional" about technology.

This video will explain what I am saying. (enjoy) :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xxtUH_bHBxs

Seabee
20-04-2012, 9:02pm
Maybe this is the case because a woman's brain is different to a man's brain.

Men just go to the Camera Technology box (or similar) in their brain. Women can't because they don't get "emotional" about technology.

Lol that was so funny, thanks for that!!
Explains a LOT :lol:

This video will explain what I am saying. (enjoy) :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xxtUH_bHBxs

mongo
20-04-2012, 9:31pm
Lmao sure........but I have a sneaky suspicion that it's a front just to get to the food :th3:

Shamelessly SPRUNG ....!!!! :D

Mark L
20-04-2012, 9:31pm
Just wondering what the women on AP think about all this as we tend to sit back and think 'whatever':efelant:

Seems they're sitting back and thinking 'whatever':efelant:

Ezookiel
21-04-2012, 5:39pm
It's ok. I was brought up by just a Mum and 2 sisters, and now I'm the only male in my own family of a wife and 2 daughters, so apparently I'm "very in touch with my feminine side". I guess that makes it ok for me to post, particularly because I hate chest beating - especially as it's only done by Nikon users, and we all know they're deluded ;P (yes I did throw that in totally on purpose (nor do I believe it))

Chris G
21-04-2012, 6:30pm
LOL! LOL!

And since the appointed "cheat beating" remark was towards myself which was called for and found amusing..

I guess I have the right to defend myself in saying that, I do love all cameras as they all do the same thing regardless of make.. Just different functions on how to get there and get it to do what you want.

I even still have my old Ricoh KR-5 Super SLR 35mm with a f/1.7 50mm, which in "cheat beating" terms means its a Pentax K mount..

But hey I stop by to smell these lovely yellow and black flowers that Nikon left me... :th3:

Again I do find this amusing and and to which its all just fun on the forums :lol:

Allie
21-04-2012, 6:31pm
Seems they're sitting back and thinking 'whatever':efelant:

Whatever :lol::D