PDA

View Full Version : Collaging Photos into one overall photo

parkesy
12-04-2012, 11:10am
Im currently trying to create a photo for a university project that is a collage.
What im trying to do is to combine all the photos from a outdoor trip and make this into one
larger photo, I will post below some examples of what im aiming to achieve.
What my question is though, How i would i best go at achieving this ?
I have Photoshop CS5, or is there a stand alone program that would help me achieve this
solution, If it is within photoshop what would you believe would be the easiest way at going about
it ?

(Imparticular i have a photo of a canoe i want to be the main photo with all the other being inside but making up that photo)

*removed- you can post a link to, but not the actual photo, as you do not own copyright to it!*

Thanks,

ricktas
12-04-2012, 11:27am
They are called photo mosaics and if you google photo mosaic software you will find some that lets you do it. Generally you have the original photo (the canoe) and then a folder of photos you want the software to use to build it, and away it goes.

parkesy
12-04-2012, 11:30am
Thanks rick, Ill give that a shot... I was thinking to myself please not be individual layers

Old Skool
12-04-2012, 5:57pm
I did one by using MS Publisher. Put all your photos where you want, bring them forward, send back etc and then you can save the finished result as a JPEG.

ricktas
12-04-2012, 6:27pm
What the OP was trying to do was a mosaic : http://www.mosaicphotos.com.au/

William
12-04-2012, 6:50pm
Jeez, I did'nt realise the difference either , Thats cool , Thanks for the link Rick :)

parkesy
14-04-2012, 1:50pm
Thanks for the help all !!! Here is the final photo..I ended up using mazaika version 3 trial and it worked a treat.

http://img854.imageshack.us/img854/7628/42154124.jpg

danny
15-04-2012, 8:32pm
I think this was first "invented" by a young programmer (16 or so). Just in case you were interested.

clonaz2
24-05-2012, 1:15pm
I'm busy catching up, but thanks for the link Rick. I will explore it when time permits.:):)