PDA

View Full Version : photogenic places around mollymook/ulladulla

harper
04-04-2012, 10:09am
hi guys

heading to mollymook over the easter break. just wondering where the best places are for photography. ideally i have always wanted to get a jetty shot so im hoping there are some here.

your thoughts are appreciated

thanks matt

fillum
04-04-2012, 12:03pm
Been a while since I've been down that way Matt so memory is a bit vague...:o

I don't recall any 'photogenic' jetties around Mollymook/Ulladulla (but I wasn't looking for any either :)). Ulladulla has a fishing fleet, so there are wharves but I don't know that they are particular photogenic. The 'blessing of the fleet' festival happens over Easter so that might be worth a look, and the fleet itself might be worth a shot or two? Mollymook has a long, wide beach with an easily accessible rock platform at the southern end which might be good for a pre-dawn shoot. Last time I was down there (also the first week of April) there was a pod of dolphins was swimming just off the beach - so maybe keep your eye out for that.

Countryside is quite nice around the area so should offer opportunities for landscapes / sunsets. Also State Forests in the area which might be worth investigating - I don't know any specifics. Nearby village of Milton has some old buildings, although it gets pretty busy so might be difficult to get clean shots unless you get there really early.

Maybe a search through Flickr, Google Maps, etc might turn up some other possibilities?

Have a good trip...

Cheers.

ameerat42
04-04-2012, 12:30pm
Hah! You have to ask? Quick answer: anywhere there.
But a 2ple of places are the rock platforms at Ulladulla, where you can see embedded glacial dropstones, around Lake Burril, and a nearby mountain whose name I can't think of right now.
Mollymook beach is good from on the beach and from nearby headlands.
If you fancy a feast of fish after your fotografic feats, go to the local fishing coop down Wason St.
It has been my benchmark for fish feeds forever.
(YU)m.

harper
04-04-2012, 12:47pm
Been a while since I've been down that way Matt so memory is a bit vague...:o

I don't recall any 'photogenic' jetties around Mollymook/Ulladulla (but I wasn't looking for any either :)). Ulladulla has a fishing fleet, so there are wharves but I don't know that they are particular photogenic. The 'blessing of the fleet' festival happens over Easter so that might be worth a look, and the fleet itself might be worth a shot or two? Mollymook has a long, wide beach with an easily accessible rock platform at the southern end which might be good for a pre-dawn shoot. Last time I was down there (also the first week of April) there was a pod of dolphins was swimming just off the beach - so maybe keep your eye out for that.

Countryside is quite nice around the area so should offer opportunities for landscapes / sunsets. Also State Forests in the area which might be worth investigating - I don't know any specifics. Nearby village of Milton has some old buildings, although it gets pretty busy so might be difficult to get clean shots unless you get there really early.

Maybe a search through Flickr, Google Maps, etc might turn up some other possibilities?

Have a good trip...

Cheers.

thanks fillum

the rock self sounds like a plan, just hope i can roll out of bed that early

have you got any of your photos online from your trip?

Hah! You have to ask? Quick answer: anywhere there.
But a 2ple of places are the rock platforms at Ulladulla, where you can see embedded glacial dropstones, around Lake Burril, and a nearby mountain whose name I can't think of right now.
Mollymook beach is good from on the beach and from nearby headlands.
If you fancy a feast of fish after your fotografic feats, go to the local fishing coop down Wason St.
It has been my benchmark for fish feeds forever.
(YU)m.

thanks mate im sure i will get plenty of shots in over the weekend. and i will certainly try there fish:)

Warus
04-04-2012, 4:42pm
There is a lighthouse out on Warden head and the rock platform around the base of the headland is well known for great fossils. For the classic jetty you are probably better off looking towards the still waters of St Georges basin etc. Pigeon house mountain is probably what ameerat is talking about which is quite unique and has fantastic views of the south coast from the top but it's quite a walk up and a climb up ladders at the end.

ameerat42
04-04-2012, 6:31pm
There is a lighthouse out on Warden head and the rock platform around the base of the headland is well known for great fossils...Pigeon house mountain is probably what ameerat is talking about which is quite unique and has fantastic views of the south coast from the top but it's quite a walk up and a climb up ladders at the end...

That's all it, Warus. You took the words right out of my mind!!! (Talk about sub-Total Recall.)

It says that it's been too long since I was last there:rolleyes:
Am.