PDA

View Full Version : Wireless remote for Canon 50D and/or 400D?

kenlip
29-03-2012, 10:29pm
My daughter wants a 'photo booth' at her wedding, for guests to use to take photos of themselves.

Ideally, I would like to have a wireless remote on the camera, so that one of the subjects can hold it discreetly and use it to fire the shutter.

I have two cameras to choose from - the 50D and the 400D.

All suggestions about brands to consider or avoid, features to look for, etc. would be greatly appreciated.

TIA

Presotto
29-03-2012, 10:45pm
I just purchased this from Ebay:

Wireless Remote R6D FOR Canon

It works well and was only $15 including freight, It did take 4 weeks to get here thought.

kenlip
31-03-2012, 4:39pm
I just purchased this from Ebay:

Wireless Remote R6D FOR Canon

It works well and was only $15 including freight, It did take 4 weeks to get here thought.

Thanks, Presotto

What brand is it? There are a number of similar listings on eBay.

Ken

Presotto
31-03-2012, 4:57pm
HI Ken,

I just did a quick search on ebay, and they all look the same to me. I don't have the box and in typical chinese style they have no name on the remote.

I would say going by the pictures they are all coming out of the one place so I would go with who ever is cheapest.

Cheers

farmmax
02-04-2012, 9:24pm
I use a Yongnuo wireless remote on my 50D. Just had a look on Ebay to try and find one to show you, but instead of there being one model there are lots of different models, so I can't tell you which is the one I have.

It was very cheap (under $20), works fine, with a 100m distance from the camera if I need it. I learned to buy the replacement batteries out of China for it. In my town it was over $10 to buy one replacement battery, and it didn't last as long as my chinese replacements.

My only problem is the remote does not have a power switch on it, just a shutter button. If I pack the remote the wrong way and anything presses the shutter button, the battery ends up flat. (Hence the supply of batteries from China). It is very fiddly to replace the battery. Other than that it works fine for me and is very handy.

I'd buy a couple in case one is faulty or gets broken.