PDA

View Full Version : Move over Susan Boyle

ricktas
27-03-2012, 7:06pm
You would think by now, that judges would learn not to judge people on the way they look..before they perform

http://youtu.be/ZsNlcr4frs4

MiniFighter
27-03-2012, 7:29pm
How do them words taste Simon?

etherial
27-03-2012, 8:30pm
Simon :action:

Charlotte and Johnathon :crike: :th3::gl:

Bennymiata
27-03-2012, 8:58pm
Being critical, his voice still needs a few more years of training and maturity, but he could end up being another Mario Lanza.
She's not as good as him.

But they do work well together, and who knows, with a good stylist for him and few more years of solid training and practice, they could be very good indeed.

Mark L
27-03-2012, 9:02pm
Who's Susan Boyle? :D

Phil777
06-04-2012, 5:47am
Who's Susan Boyle? :D

Mmmm, and, more to the point, who is Mark L - and what is his singing like? In front of a large theatre audience! Ha!

But seriously, the song is a great song to start with - "The Prayer", sung once by another famous Charlotte, Church, and Josh Groban. I do have the CD entitled "Charlotte Church - Enchantment". Yes, "Prayer" and "Church". How well they go together. Especially at Easter time.
And it was real music too which is becoming harder to find amongst the rubbish our media force feeds us nowadays.
And they were only 16 and 17 years old too. Well done!

Thanks Rick for posting.

Astroman
06-04-2012, 10:47am
Very moving.... Wish them both all the success in the world.

fillum
06-04-2012, 11:47am
You would think by now, that judges would learn not to judge people on the way they look..before they performI'd have to ask why it wasn't edited out? Because it's all part of Cowell's "shtick" that's why. The negative comment then gives the contestant more emotional buy-in from the viewer when they do produce something good - I bet the twittersphere was abuzz after this and there will likely be a nice ratings boost for the finals (assuming they have finals?).

I generally don't watch these shows because I find them too contrived - more "soap opera" than real opera. The kid can sing though, and bonus marks for the Hendrix t-shirt :).

Would Cowell have a sour taste in his mouth? Maybe...all the way to the bank! Cowell knows exactly what he is doing...

Cheers.

geoffsta
06-04-2012, 2:49pm
Didn't really hear the comments from judges, I was too amazed. What got me stirred is my son is that size, but 6'7" in height. So I had two reasons to be emotional.
"BRILLIANT"

Kerrie
06-04-2012, 4:33pm
Pavorotti anyone?