PDA

View Full Version : D800 gets highest score on DxOMark!

Lance B
24-03-2012, 11:04pm
DxOMark has tested the D800 and it has scored the highest score ever by any camera including MF cameras, and higher by a fair margin, on DxOMarks scroing of 95!! Yes, I know we can argue the merits, or lack of, of DxOMark, but even so, that's a very impressive result and says much about the D800's new sensor.

http://www.dxomark.com/index.php/Publications/DxOMark-Reviews/Nikon-D800-Review/Sensor-performance

cupic
24-03-2012, 11:13pm
Better than a Phase One truly remarkable ,and there you are waiting for one
BTW any arrival dates given to you lance

cheers

TEITZY
24-03-2012, 11:16pm
Yeah pretty well a landscapers and studio shooters dream camera. To be honest a week ago I wasn't that interested in the D800 as a replacement for my D300, but it's certainly got my interest now, at least until the D400 is announced :D

Cheers
Leigh

Xebadir
24-03-2012, 11:33pm
Its the pricing point that really puts it in the top echelon - performance is damn good, but the price puts it in a very competitive and attractive place. Glad I preordered one early ;).

Lance B
25-03-2012, 12:07pm
Better than a Phase One truly remarkable ,and there you are waiting for one
BTW any arrival dates given to you lance

cheers

Nikon Aus had shipped some out on Thursday/Friday and my camera store received two and one was to be used as a rental and the other as a demo model. :( I am 4th or 5th on their list and as this store is an official Nikon reseller and a Government supplier of Nikon products they should get priority of some lesser stores. they are not sure whether they'll get more next week or not, but my fingers are crossed. I just hope I get it before Easter.

KeeFy
25-03-2012, 7:34pm
Nice! I'm pretty excited to see the results of the 5D mark 3 as well as they have not tested it. It's interesting that D800 outscores the D4 as well! They really did quite a great job on the D800!

BLWNHR
26-03-2012, 3:51pm
It's interesting that D800 outscores the D4 as well! They really did quite a great job on the D800!

But the scores are only part of the story. From the DxOMark page:

Of course, we remind you that in screen mode — unnormalized, as is the case for 100% screen view, for example — the Nikon D4 comes out ahead, and by quite a large margin — with the SNR curves showing a difference of nearly 1.5 stops.