PDA

View Full Version : We haven't had a weekend meet for too long..Anyone interested?

gabby
13-03-2012, 9:57pm
I look each time I'm on AP to see if there are any weekends planned. I loved the Armidale autumn leaves weekend that Wayne and Dianne organized and the Kilarney Falls as well. Toowoomba area was suggested last year but came to nothing. With all of us in Brisbane and Gold Coast, and so many beautiful areas nearby, it should be easy to select a venue and have a fun get together. I confess, I learn so much from all of you at these events.

One suggestion from me: There are heaps of autumn colours around Stanthorpe & Tenterfield washed down by visits to wineries and berry farms. At least 3 national parks with rock formations, ghost gully with it's sandstone sculptural structures, numerous old railway stations and mining remnants. There is also Stannum house in Stanthorpe itself which had mystery evenings in an olde world dining room last time I went through there.

Any other ideas? At this stage, I think after easter would be better..we have a couple of long weekends coming up.:efelant:

larrywen
14-03-2012, 10:32am
Thanks Gabby, that's an interesting idea.

Presotto
14-03-2012, 11:54am
After easter would be possible for me!

dulvariprestige
14-03-2012, 1:39pm
I'd definitely be interested

William
14-03-2012, 4:10pm
Will keep on watching this thread , Interested

Kerrie
14-03-2012, 5:51pm
I'd be open to even a quick local meet on the Gc one day....

Tikira
14-03-2012, 9:40pm
Hi all. The autumn colours are just starting to turn down here in Armidale. We are more than happy to host a weekend around Armidale after Easter if anyone is interested. Probably the best times for the Autumn colour will be in the two weeks straight after Easter. Unfortunately this doesn't fit in with the Queensland long weekends. However if anyone was interested in a visit to Armidale around this time we would be more than happy to host. We have 5 acres just out of town that people can pitch tents on.

Alternatively if something was happening around Tenterfield or Stanthorpe areas we would be interested in going.

Wayne & Di

Boofhead
15-03-2012, 7:34am
I am interested in this one as well, will watch this space!!

yummymummy
15-03-2012, 8:39am
keeping my eye on this thread too... :th3: :th3:

Jaded62
15-03-2012, 8:38pm
Watching too :)

gabby
17-03-2012, 4:13pm
I enjoyed the Armidale weekend at Wayne and Di's last time- they were great hosts! Travel is longer to there but accomodation would be cheap! Stanthorpe/ Tenterfield would be more expensive accomodation- wise depending on numbers and whether we wanted to make it fancy at somewhere like Stannum House or Henry's cottage in Tenterfield. It would be equally good as a spring venture as well if we wished to do both throughout the year.

gabby
17-03-2012, 5:07pm
For your consideration in deciding where to go, I just checked google maps : GOLD COAST TO TENTERFIELD is 3 Hrs 53mins on route 44 from Bangalow. GOLD COAST TO ARMIDALE is 472 km and 6 hours 15 mins.

I checked accomodation in the Tenterfield area-there are camping faciities , cabins, farmstays, motels, B& B's.
I goofed about Stannum house:scrtch: -its in Tenterfield as well. The links below give you a glimpse of the accomodation, I mentioned.
1. Stannum House - Tenterfield NSW - Bed & Breakfast Accommodation stannumhouse.com.au/
2. Henry's Cottage- tenterfield www.henryparkestenterfield.com.au
I'll ring and see what group deals they could offer and get back to you. Obviously it will depend on numbers and what type of accomodation everyone wants- cheap or luxury.

Lesley Bray
21-03-2012, 4:08pm
Thank you Tikira - would love to visit Armidale and don't mind camping one little bit. Sounds like a great idea. Will be watching this thread.
Lesley

Tikira
21-03-2012, 7:42pm
Hello everyone.

We have now started a thread in the NSW meets as per the link below. We are looking at a meet at Armidale on the weekend of the 21st & 22nd April, when we thinbk the colour will be at its best. If anyone is interested please post on the NSW thread link below so that we can keep track of the interest in one thread. We look forward to meeting anyone that can attend.

http://www.ausphotography.net.au/forum/showthread.php?101668-Armidale-Autumn-Meet-April-2012&p=997354#post997354

Wayne & Di

gabby
29-03-2012, 9:53pm
Great offer guys, does that suit everybody?- we can always organize another meet a few weeks later as well.

gabby
19-04-2012, 4:54pm
Wayne and Di have said that their armidale weekend won't go ahead due to recent rain causing the autumn leaves to drop prematurely. So if anyone cares to join them and myself in May at Tenterfield we'll organize that as a alternative...how does weekend of 19th and 20th sound?

in2fx
21-04-2012, 6:57pm
I'd love to get out to some of those areas if I had a licence :o

Analog6
22-04-2012, 8:42am
Wayne and Di have said that their armidale weekend won't go ahead due to recent rain causing the autumn leaves to drop prematurely. So if anyone cares to join them and myself in May at Tenterfield we'll organize that as a alternative...how does weekend of 19th and 20th sound?

SOunds good Gail, I'll start saving pennies! Steve, lifts from other togs can often be arranged for a petrol contribution

gabby
25-04-2012, 9:52am
We will keep going round in circles if we don't get a date fixed to work towards. I don't mind which date if anyone has a preference. Can we get expessions of interest for 19th & 20th May as Plan A or date requests as Plan B?:scrtch:

Lesley Bray
25-04-2012, 4:34pm
Yes I am very interested - just concerned whether the Autumn leaves will still be there - if I come I will be camping - Lesley

41jas
29-04-2012, 4:56pm
It's been ages since I have been to one of these..I suppose when things start getting busy for you, you have to do what you have to do first...Oh well.
I haven't even been on here much...I try and stay off the computer now...well sort of... Being so busy and checking FB while I'm working is one way but actually brousing through here...I miss the place.
It all depends whats happening if I can make a meetup. I will keep check.

larrywen
01-05-2012, 12:15pm
Good on you Jas, I am looking forward a meetup organized by you :)

SirLozalot
01-05-2012, 12:32pm
I am interested too.

gordon_l34
01-05-2012, 7:59pm
Hi,

I am interested.

Regards.

gabby
27-06-2012, 10:27am
It's hard getting everyone to commit to a date and place to organize these things. If the distance is a problem, we could move closer to say Lennox Heads where we could stay in the cabins overnight and go to Byron, Bangalow and heaps of other little villages around that area. There is also Uki, with Mt Warning, Nimbin, Tyalgum which is outstandingly beautiful! So how does that sound for the 2nd weekend in July?