PDA

View Full Version : Nikon D90 Flash issue

slo 057
05-03-2012, 11:16pm
Hi, I have noticed that the flash on my D90 wont fire at all now, any ideas as to what would cause it?
I tried google and got a whole lot of mixed answers to confuse me...

any help will be great.

Matt

arthurking83
06-03-2012, 7:24am
Is there a possibility that you may have inadvertently set it to work as master in wireless mode and with no power output.

In your camera's menu settings, there is a flash settings section that allows you to set the on board flash to work as the master controller for Nikon's wireless flash system.
In that section there is also the ability to set the flash to control the other flashes, but not produce any power to add to the overall lighting of the subject.
So all it does is to flash with enough (low) power to signal to the other speedlights to fire instead.

But even with this setting, you will still see a flash of light from the flash itself .. it's just not powerful enough to light the subject very well.

I can't ever remember seeing any other settings to completely disable the flash completely tho! :confused013

Have you popped the flash up manually and it still doesn't work?
Have you used any of the Auto scene modes that generally tend to use flash for exposure?

If you still have no luck, it's probably the xenon tube that's blown(but this is purely a straight out and out guess!).

slo 057
13-04-2012, 1:05pm
i solved my issue, i just brought a SB 400 flash... :D

Chris G
13-04-2012, 4:33pm
until that doesn't fire anymore.. :lol:

Jk's.. :th3: